We Build Excitement is a series of automotive performances in which heavy equipment is used to build sculptures out of Pontiac vehicles as a monument to GM’s discontinued Pontiac Motor Division. This project is ongoing, the performances taking place at a series of temporary Pontiac dealerships in California, Arizona, and Michigan. Beyond the construction and destruction of automotive monuments, the performances may include:
- Re-enactments of car accidents by accident survivors
- Re-enactments of these re-enactments of car accidents choreographed and performed by dancers
- Re-enactments of Pontiac assembly line labor by ex-Pontiac employees
- Re-enactments of the re-enactments of Pontiac assembly line labor choreographed and performed by dancers
- Re-enactments of the senate Big 3 restructuring hearings performed by car salesmen.
We Build Excitment is funded by a 2012 Creative Capital film/video grant.
Saturday–Sunday, October 12–13, 2013
Near The Palms on Amboy Rd in Wonder Valley